Wednesday, May 5, 2010

W.I.B.I.J?! STARTS TODAY!

GAME ON!!


I usually leave my author posts up for two days but I just had to partake in this fun event. Heather, Tina, and Jon over on W.I.B.I.J?! have asked a few of us to post about their weekly game today.


What is W.I.B.I.J?! you ask? "It's a cross between cribbage, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego, and the New York Times, if the NYT had a scavenger hunt."


Clues are left from one selective blog to another until all are found and the answer to a riddle is discovered. It's great fun, so click on their logo and join in today from 1 p.m to 2 p.m. The fast pace game only lasts an hour, but the game is open for exactly 24hrs. It doesn't technically close until tomorrow at 1 p.m. Answers to their riddle are accepted until that time. 


And this week they are offering amazing prizes!! PRIZES!! Books and even a BEST COMMENT AWARD! Do Not Delay!! 


(Oh, and don't be stupid like I was the first time I played. Collect the clues and use the words, people, not the first letter of each word to figure out the riddle. I swear I stared at those letters forever, even got the 16yr old involved.)


They DO have instructions on how to play, but...blah...why would I read those. (Slapping myself upside the head.)


{But please, if you haven't already, take a look at my interview with LM Preston, author of Explorer X-Alpha and The Pack posted yesterday. She is a great lady and full of tons of advice.} 

12 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to sign up for this. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fun. I'll try to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri--Thanks so much for the shout out!! We're going to have such fun! And, just to clarify, the game is open for 24 hours, so if people can't make the fast paced game, then they can play at their leisure. There's even an award for BEST COMMENT, so people who are playing later can WIN!! But the game itself takes less than an hour to finish. It's fast!!

    Thanks again, Sheri!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh Imma hafta check dis out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a lot of fun. ANd there are Prizes? I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like fun! I've stopped by WIBJIJ before, but I thought you could only play for that one hour...while I'm at work. I'll definitely have to try tonight. Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the reminder. I'm going to see if I can figure this game out today. TODAY.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GOOD LUCK ALL...Will be cheering you on from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep forgetting to check this out. But it sounds time consuming. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! It was such a fun game! Actually, it's still up, until 1 pm EST today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Passing by from blog hop. I'm a writer on the road to publication to. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Sheri. The support is awesome! And I so love that you jump in and play the game too.

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS