Monday, September 23, 2013

Stories From the Writer's Journey...

Here's a special treat for you: a guest post about a group of Indie authors supporting charity! Please read on and help out...


ONLY 99c TO HELP SUPPORT THE INDIE AUTHOR & AN AMAZING CHARITY!
by Jessica Bell

The day I realized I’d been obsessing over my sales figures way too much was the day I closed my eyes and tried to think about the real reason I am an indie author.

Is my primary goal to make money? No. So why do I keep obsessing over my sales stats? I realized it’s because more sales means more people reading my work. What I really really want is to be read. I want to share the one thing in this world I would cut my fingers off for. I know. If I didn’t have any fingers, I wouldn’t be able to physically write, but you know what I mean.

My passion for writing comes with a perpetual replacement button, attached to my side seam, just in case it becomes unraveled, and falls off, after a day gallivanting through the publishing jungle. It can be tough in there, but in the end, being an indie author is OH SO WORTH IT.

This made me wonder …  what’s everybody else’s story?
Then Indiestructible was born.

Need motivation and inspiration to self-publish, or sign that contract with an interested small press? Have you done all the research you can, but still feel ambivalent about the idea? Indiestructible: Inspiring Stories from the Publishing Jungle brings you the experiences of 29 indie authors—their passions, their insights, their successes—to help you make the leap into indie publishing.

This is not a how-to guide. This is the best of the indie tradition of experienced authors paying forward what they’ve learned, giving you information to help you on your journey. The personal essays in this book will leave you itching to get your work into the hands of readers and experience, first-hand, all the rewards indie publishing has to offer.

Not only is this anthology packed full of interesting, unique, and genuinely helpful information, and totally worth the 99c (only 99c!!!), 100% of proceeds will be donated to BUILDON.orga movement which breaks the cycle of poverty, illiteracy, and low expectations through service and education.

Pretty amazing, huh?
What are you waiting for?


Buy Indiestructible—support the indie author and an amazing charity—TODAY!


eBook: $0.99 USD

Publisher: Vine Leaves Press
ISBN 10: 0987593102
ISBN 13: 9780987593108
Language: English

Edited & Compiled: by Jessica Bell

Contributing authors:


What a fantastic charity! And look at what you get for only $0.99. Get your copy now!!! Oh, and spreading the word would be great too. THX. What's the last self-help, writing-motivation book you've read? 

17 comments:

  1. I love the premise behind the book. I'm not sure if I'll keep checking my book ranking when it comes out. I've doing that for a friend and that was stressful enough. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool idea for a book, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting, Sheri! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stories and honored to be a part of the anthology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Who needs motivational books, eh? (Says the woman who starts her day with 1/2 hr of motivational reading.) I love this project. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a fabulous idea! anything that helps charity is admirable and I commend Jessica on her hard work in getting this done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jess is pretty great. I know she's worked hard on this one!

      Delete
  7. So happy to see Jessica's book here. Build On is my favorite charity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea and what a way to support charity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica had a super idea and the determination to bring it to life. Wishing INDIESTRUCTIBLE huge success! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Jess is pretty special. I love how she brought these Indie authors together. Everybody needs a little inspiration, now and again.

      Delete
  10. I'm reading this right now. Great writing and a bonus that I know many of the contributors!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome, you're reading it right now! And how cool is it that you know a lot of the contributors. So Cool!.

      Hey, just want to send you a private *Pom-Pom* cheer for your PB! Yay!!! I'd love to host you on Writer's Alley.

      Delete
  11. I got my copy today. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you are raising money to help literacy, Jessica.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great book. Looks like an inspiring read for anyone interested in going indie! Love Jessica. (and you!)

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS