Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Literary Classics Winners Announced!

It's a precious thing to a writer when books are held up to the spotlight of appreciation and honor.

The 2017 Literary Classics Book Awards have been announced. I'm ecstatic to share that Motley Education has been awarded a Gold Medal for excellence in Grade School literature. Knowing that Ebony and Fleishman are touching the hearts and imagination of readers is a dream come true for me.

Winners have been invited to attend a four-day celebration Labor Day Weekend in Rapid City South Dakota, where The Great American Book Festival is being held! They have all sorts of activities for the winners and even a gala event the night the awards are physically given out. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to attend. It's just too far away and too many expenses to incur at this time. But no worries! This just fuels my writing verve to win again someday, so maybe then I'll be able to attend.

I want to thank Literary Classics for this amazing honor and a BIG Gouda Cheese of congrats goes out to all my fellow award winners. Your work is fantastic! The thought of being grouped with you is very humbling.

Here's my little graphic I designed to celebrate the announcement.
I've only shared this on Instagram, so I'd love it if you'd hop over there and Like it and even repost it!

It was suggested for this post that I share a little about Motley and about myself. Most of you have been blogging with me forever, so I won't bore you. BUT for those who are new visitors (YAY for new visitors! Welcome to the Alleyway!) feel free to take a gander over to my website to find out more about Motley Education ... about Me.

I will mention that the pre-order link for MARKED BEAUTY, my young adult contemporary fantasy/romance, will be available the 3rd week in July! But you can add it now to your Goodreads To-Be-Read List. Please and many thank yous! 

This is a list some of the winners. I highly recommend you visit them and see their wonderful work! You won't be sorry.

M.J. Evans ~ The Centaur Chronicles
Molly and Gary Whitney - Thistle Downe, a Tale of Trolls and Fairies
But there's MORE! Remember the HD Tablet and 24 book giveaway I announced here a few weeks ago? Well, we have a winner!

CONGRATULATIONS to Nikki Simon!!!
Enjoy your Fire Tablet & 24 books!

A huge thanks goes out to all who entered. We plan on doing this again, maybe late fall so stay tuned!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOOO proud and happy for you Sheri! YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheri - wonderful news ... and I loved the graphic - clever ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Hilary! I hope things are well with you. I feel horrible I haven't been able to blog that much this year. I'm swamped with work, but blogging keeps me grounded. Hope I can get back to it this fall.

      Delete
  4. Yay! Congratulations! Hope you went out and celebrated. If you need shout-outs or anything on your new YA, poke me :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so awesome :) I'm more than happy for you. Wish you could go to the awards tho, darn it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good idea thank for sharing on the website
    โคนัน

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS