Thursday, May 6, 2010

TUMBLE, HUMBLE THURSDAY

BLESSED MISTAKES


When I started this blog three months ago, I was totally clueless. Not like anythings changed, but... To be honest, I started it by accident. My awesomeness critique partner with-the-mostest and I were thinking about starting a blog together. She had one already, so in my overzealousness I told her I'd check it out.


That's when this...



Got all blurry...


And turned into this...



BECAUSE........................................................


I'd hit the *Create a blog* button.

The screen read: You now have a blog.

"No I don't," shaking my head, sure mini-invisible dude inside my computer is wrong.

You Now Have a Blog.

"Stop bleeping that, man," I said more forcefully this time.

YOU ARE NOW THE PROUD OWNER OF WRITERS' ALLY, THE HOME OF THE INFAMOUS--well, it will be--GRAFFITI WALL, WHERE YOU'LL MEET LOTS OF PEEPS WHO THINK LIKE YOURSELF...

At that moment, I knew mini-invisible dude was not only small but stupid too. The world would be a scary place if everyone thought like me. 

PROOF: my name's Sheri, my little bro's name's Scott. Who do you think got called Scary when my dad got pissed-off and couldn't figure out whose name to say???
Yup. ME. <3

...WHO LOVE THE WRITTEN CRAFT, AND WHO ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE LIKE YOU.

I bent over laughing so hard I practically lost consciousness.

"Shut up," was all I could think of to...well, think. But you know, I am glad about my humbled mistake that's taken me on an adventure I'd never imagined. You Alleywalkers are AMAZING people, and it gives me hope in the world. 

At first, and basically since I started blogging, I've stressed almost everyday at what to write, how to write it, what you all want to read, what you care, about...for gosh sakes what I care about. 

I've surfed through the waves of fellow--much more experienced than I--bloggers, like Elana (You give me 'aha' moments every time I read your blog), like Lila (You make me want a sister--not that beating the crap out of my younger bro wasn't fun), like my firstestestest friend in the bloggingsphere--Candyland (You are truly a friend), like Carolyn, NBF Becki, Joanne ('K, I feel like I should be looking through a hand-held mirror and saying 'I see Johnny, and Sara, and Matthew...'), and like all of you who encourage me, push me, and make me want to be more than I thought I could be.

Whoa! This post is so not going where I thought it would. I was supposed to be posting about the hockey game I watched last night. *Shrug* It will wait until tomorrow.

THANK YOU ALL  for walking my alley and for sharing my road to publication. You ARE  what/who make it personal.

So, I have awards I must give out...NEXT WEEK! (Sorry. This was a spontaneous post.) And I need your advice/suggestions as how you'd like me to celebrate 100 FOLLOWERS!! Not there yet, but I'm close.

Give me your suggestions, Alleywalkers. And what have you found to be thankful for while roaming the bloggingsphere?




19 comments:

  1. You're beautiful and I <3 you. Friends FO life!
    I'm grateful for everyone (like you) who stopped by to read my blog, commented, or reached out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness all around!

    Although, I cannot help but wonder if that picture you have of 'yourself rolling around laughing' isn't from a 1-900 ad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on having almost 100 followers! :) I am so impressed by the YA writing/reading blogosphere. I've only been had my blog for about six weeks and everyone I've "met" is so wonderful and supportive!

    As to your question, giveaways are usually a popular option! Perhaps a book or two or something along those lines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging is crazy. It's like amazingly awesome and sometimes a burden all wrapped into one. I for one am definitely glad I started doing, but there are days when I feel too lazy.

    Can I just say your blog is awesome? Not only do you have the coolest format but you always share fun or informative stuff or both!

    Thanks for being you, Sheri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea how much fun blogging would be before I started. Isn't it amazing how many fun, supportive people you can meet? Who knew the things that bounce around in our heads might actually be interesting to other people? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thankful for people like you! When I started writing, nobody understood where I was coming from, why I would do something that was so much work and time. Once I started connecting with people in the bloggy world, I realized I wasn't alone at this (and you guys are all so cool)! I am totally grateful. Thanks Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on surviving three months in blog-land! You are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm clueless for sure and thinking of starting a blog this summer. I really enjoy your blog and enjoy the interviews. I'm thinking of doing the same if I start a blog to help promote other bloggers, including aspiring authors who have no agent or contract. I may be coming to you for advice.
    I love all my blogs but it does get overwhelming trying to keep up with them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I have been adrift in the blog ocean the same amount of time. But you handle it with more laughter and style than I.

    You have my admiration for that. Keep humor as your rudder and imagination as your sail, and I see you sailing fine and dandy, winning your dreams.

    As for me .... well, there're always miracles.
    Roland

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought this was Writer Sally.

    ;)

    I love your blog. Humorous, and amid so much seriousness that's a heckuva find.

    - Eric

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to admit that I read that long, very touching post, and yet the most vivid thought in my head was ... if you're dad called you Scary, did that make your brother, Shot?

    ReplyDelete
  12. And perhaps I should have taken the time not to make one of the grammar faux pauxs I hate more than anything. *YOUR* not *You're*

    Grrrrr @ me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yeah but, Tracy, Shot is funny. ";-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am proud to walk the alleys with you, girl! Your blog brightens my day - and so do your wonderful comments! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to a new addiction. You are an awesome blogger. Your content is helpful and fun. Please keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW SHERI - that was an awesomely awesome post even for you!

    LOVE YA BABE! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sheri, I love this post! You're so sweet! I feel like you're a bff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the great people I get to meet! Really, I can't imagine how writers connected before this awesomeness that is the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was scared to death when I started my blog 6 months ago. I bought books on it and everything...scared to death I tell you! I can't believe how far I've come in such a short time. And I've met amazing people who have been so helpful. You're wonderfully supportive Sheri...always drooping in and leaving a comment. I so appreciate that. I'm looking forward to the day that you and I are published authors. We'll have to hold a little celebration somewhere in the blogosphere. Thanks for being there during the "hungry" days.

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS