Monday, November 28, 2011

NEWS and Q & A with a YA

I do have NEWS. But first, read this:

It's been a while since the Alleyway has heard from our teen board. They've been busy with high school, studying, reading, and doing what teens do. But the time has come to welcome their return.

For those of you who write YA, just leave a question (or more) in the comments below for our young adults to answer. It can be about what they'd like to read, about the publishing industry, or maybe ebooks. Libraries. Their studies. Even a question about a character or scene you're currently writing: how would you (the teen) react or is this believable to you?

Ask them anything.

They are awesome.

In the coming weeks, I'll compile your questions and post the answers.

'K, for the news. About three weeks ago, I decided to submit one of my picture books to a publisher's contest. There are approximately 300 entries. *Shiver* Yes, I know. But someone has to win. And if I'm one of the top five, my book gets itself a shiny illustrator and a hardcover!! Hee...

It all starts out with reader votes. I've NEVER asked you to do anything like this for me before, so if you feel awkward about it I will not hold it against you. But if you don't mind, I'd LOVE for you to head over HERE and read my story. If you feel it's worthy of your vote, PLEASE VOTE for my story. (If you click on Author at the top of the page, I should be on page 10. Thank you~!!)

Thank you!! I'm forever grateful for your support!!

26 comments:

  1. I love doll stories, great job! I voted. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which number is yours exactly? I couldn't find it on the page the link opened up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Laura. If you click on Author at the top of the page, I should be on page 10. Thank you!!

    Thank you, Ciara!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that you entered the contest. Found your story. Loved the friendship theme. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the contest! How nerve wracking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh!! Best of luck with the contest! I'll go check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so exciting!!! How neat! I'm hopping over there immediately, just wanted to let you know I'm excited for you!!!

    PS - I think asking young adults questions is ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea of the teen experts answering our questions.

    I'm off to vote. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will go and vote. I will have to think of some questions for the teens. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOPE YOU WIN (I ALREADY VOTED)!!

    Question for the Y.A.'s : what genre do you read most?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Already voted. I hope you get in the top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the teen board. Can't wait to read that Q&A! And hey! Look at you with the contest entry! Running over right now... Good luck! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Been there, done that! And it was a tear-jerker! Great story. Deserves to win!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry, I'm not a Facebook member! Bummer, wish there was another way to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My question for the young adults - at what age do you feel you outgrow books marketed as young adult?

    (and will go vote now)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Voted! Great story!

    And I love the YA question thing. What I want to know (in a very real way, as I have the issue looming for a book I wrote) is:

    Common wisdom is teens like characters a year to several years older than they are. Are you ever interested in MCs younger than you? And what does it take to secure this interest?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's to winning! I'll do what I can to help.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck! And my question: How much romance is too much for the boy teen reader types? :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the encouragement and support, everyone! And we're getting some fabulous YA questions here.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Best of luck in the contest! I tried voting, but I don't have a Facebook account. :,(
    If you're looking for some more teen answers for the Q+A, you can just shoot me an email. I'll do my best. :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Agree with Hart's question on age. Expanding on that, is there a supernatural creature you feel is too young? A lot of attention goes to the big three (vamps, weres and zombies) but some new attention is hitting centaurs, faeries (old school, not Tinkerbell), pixies, etc. Are any of those too childish for YA interests? And do you like to see parents and their interactions with kids or have them looming off to the side while the adventure/growth takes place?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome story. I loved the story and voted Yes.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS