The Rebel Writer's Pledge is all about reflecting on successes and failures of last year, and then forging ahead and recommitting to life and writing goals with a new verve.
Today, each participant is posting their goals for the year 2012 and highlighting at least one general goal to add to our pledge. I'll compile each highlighted goal into a list, linking back to this post. We'll leave the badge on our sites throughout 2012, reminding and encouraging us about our pledge.
Devising goals, whether out-right action goals or ones to develop a new mindset, will bring success.
- Be easier on myself
- Take healthy writing breaks for family and pleasure
- Finalize edits on YA novel and sub
- Finish a different YA novel, my MG series already started, & work on more picture books.
- Continue to market myself and build my platform/more hands-on work, raising awareness for Apraxia of Speech, and the importance of reading, with an emphasis on writing in children
- Publish more community interest stories, short fiction stories, and seek out more anthologies
- Improve my craft by reading, studying, and taking at least two classes or workshops
There are my goals for 2012. I've highlighted the one I'm going to add to the official Rebel Writer's Pledge 2012.
Visit the other participants and see what inspiration they have for you!!