Sunday, February 7, 2010

lemonade

ordinarily I just file my rejection letters away in a folder. But I thought I'd share this one it. I won't say who it's from because it doesn't really matter. What matters is the content, the fact that this person noticed "my strengths as a writer," AND she told me to keep writing. I can't imagine her giving that advice if she didn't mean it.

Thank you for querying me about your manuscript, ALMOST PARADISE. I've read your sample pages and I'm sorry to say that the project just isn't a perfect fit with my current needs. This has less to do with your strengths as a writer and more to do with my goals as an agent and the trends of the current literary marketplace.



I wish you the best of luck in your search for the right agent and publisher. Keep writing!

So yeehah for me! I am one step closer...

1 comment:

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS