Friday, March 18, 2011

A Negative Thought Turned on It's Positive Head



I understand the holiday was yesterday, but I do not blog on Thursdays. I could not miss wishing you a 


Happy ST. Patrick's DAY!!


Years ago, while the kiddos were still weebit, the hubs and I used to take a skip and a jump down State to spend this festive holiday of GREEN beer with my cousin and her hubs. It was the only time of the year we'd get away for an adult night. 


We'd park our keesters on a barstool at this old Irish pub and have a blast. I don't know if any of you are Irish, but here's to you! 




My post today is not all that elaborate. Heck, it's simply a link. But I felt it valuable enough to give it it's own post.


There's nothing for me to add, really. I've written inspirational posts about keeping at it as a writer. Each failure brings you closer to your publication dream. All your hard work will pay off. There are days you wonder why you do this, why you plug away at a keyboard, why you spend time away from your family, why you toss and turn, why you can't think of anything else other than that damn plot point which you can't settle on, why, why, why...to infinity.





Well, here's a post you MUST read. Just read it.


AS A WRITER THINKITH


I'd really appreciate it if you'd come back and share your thoughts and insights. I'll compile a list of what you all have to offer and write up a post.


Happy Weekend and Hearts to you!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

15 comments:

  1. A nice post! Yes, it is important to turn those negative thoughts around in a way to make them positive. Negative energy is bad in any area of your life. It's natural to have them, of course, but it's better to divert them into some more productive path!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a good link. But I don't feel those kind of negative feelings about my family life and work. I think it's because I'm not trying to steal myself against so many "no" responses.

    But on my good days I have faith that if I am meant to get published I will at the right time in life for me. And in the meantime I'm going to enjoy being creative and becoming friends with so many awesome people in the writer community.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's important to have confidence but realize our lack of confidence is just that the fact that there is always more we can learn! It was a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I'm on my way ...

    Happy SPD Sheri!

    ReplyDelete
  5. To infinity - so true! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess I don't have that many negative thoughts to change. Sure I feel a little guilty about not spending more time with my kids, but it's not like I can sit in class with them. And I am a lot better than I used to be. Now that I've shifted priorities. We're going away on vacation soon, and gasp, I'm not bringing my wip with me. That's a huge change. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The biggest challenge I have with my writing is faltering confidence. I combat this by taking a negative thought and turning into a positive one. I like how this post breaks it down and explains it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed the post! I surround myself by positive thinkers. Not on purpose, but I find that it's a wonderful motivator. I hope to be that for others also, because positivity is addictive and contagious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy St. Patrick's day to you too! I tried to read the post but I don't think her blog loaded right for me. It came up gray writing upon a gray background and I couldn't read it at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dang it all! The link is blocked here at work. I'll email it to myself.

    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are some great thoughts. I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves, and it's healthy to reframe our thoughts sometimes.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great post. And what a fantastic blog! I think it is important to work on your thinking--esp. when you're dealing with an industry such as this. It's so easy to get beaten down...

    Thanks, Sher! And Happy (late) St. Patrick's Day to you~ :o) <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link! I checked it out and she makes a strong point that it's all in the WAY you think about something. As for the why, why, why in your post - sometimes the only thing we know is that we must do it...with no idea why.

    Thanks for reading my interview today over at unedited. I'm so happy to hear the story of my road to publication helped!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Sheri, I love your site and as I browsed your blog I decided to award you the Beautiful Mommy Writer Award.

    Go to http://astorybookworld.blogspot.com/p/awards.html and pick up your award.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I say that I'll having non-blogging days but I never stick to it. I admire your resolve!

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS