Monday, May 17, 2010

"I IMAGE" MONDAY

For my Monday Sanctuary post over on OASIS for YA, I explore how NATURE plays a roll in my writing. The music of nature has many facets: soft, loud, frisky, shy. I could go on and on, elaborating until I bored you to death. I'll spare you.

While I was writing it, I kept thinking 'What makes me seek nature's help?'

LIFE.

Surely that's no great revelation to you. We have work, whether it's a paying job outside of writing or the title of stay-at-home-mom/dad, a home, family, friends, duties to community, etc... At times, I find it hard to separate myself and my writing from all those stresses. (Yikes...I feel like a horrible mom, dreading the kid's summer vacation. But I know how grueling it is for me to concentrate on anything while the four of them and their neverending stream of friends are around.) 

So what do I do? IMAGE, or turn on that recording I have of a thunderstorm on my laptop. I visualize nature's purest images.

So today, IMAGE a place, picture, or feeling that frees you of your 'LIFE CONCERNS'. What will you image?


Does nature play a roll in your writing?? What do you do to relax while writing? Or is there simply no hope in relaxing???


{Side Note: check out Shannon Whitney Messengers 600 Followers Contest!! Great prizes.}

10 comments:

  1. Okay, you're dreading summer vacation. But this teacher is counting the days ... The school day is seriously eating into my writing time!

    Yes, I would say that nature is inspiring. My spring flower gardens are beautiful, without me doing much to assist them. (I like that part!) I enjoy taking my laptop outside and writing under the deck (where it's not too sunny to see the screen.) I've got a goldfish and a waterfall ... and the sound of water is very relaxing.

    And if I need to think and reflect before drafting, I'll even condescend to do a little weeding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Dianne! I can't wait for summer to simplify my work requirements. The distraction of having kids in the house is hard to contend with. I don't have any children, so I am looking forward to a wonderfully quiet house all summer long after my husband goes to work!

    As for getting into the frame of mind necessary to tune out life, I have to stay in touch as often as possible with writing and reading. It's definitely the case for me that the more immersed I stay, the easier it is to get back into being productive on a daily basis. Finally, it's about mind-set. If I think of writing with the mentality that it's work or that I'm dreading it, I'm doomed. I have to remind myself it's a blessing to be able to pursue this business and keep a positive outlook.

    Marissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to summer just not to have all the school volunteer obligations. There's not much relaxing in my life. Too much to do. I usually just plod along being disciplined.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dianne, I just discovered a way to 'see' outside. A table umbrella. I hate that the laptop screen is so hard to see. I just want to be outside.

    Marissa, I love your mind-set. Reminding myself that it's a blessing to be able to pursue this career is a great statement. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I actually think there's no hope in relaxing. But I'm Type A. Even during a massage or "quiet" time I'm usually worked up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the photos. :D

    Since my novels take place in a fictious town in northern Minnesota, complete with a lake and forests, nature does have a habbit of slipping into my story.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think nature has to play a role in writing. You have to describe the scene (plus a good rainy day during a sad scene can really set the mood).

    Plus relaxing while writing, just doesn't happen for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All I really need is a comfy couch, a laptop- maybe a cup of coffee and silence. When the girls are a way I've got two out of three...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm i've never really done this before -- though it seems like a fantastic idea. i guess if i had to picture something, maybe a cup of tea?

    hehe.

    awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Title:
    The Best High Returns on Best Investment

    Content:
    Welcome to Make Money Online with best investment in Hedge fund day trading with high returns on Daily Interest the world best revenue sharing program in which High Yield Investment Program, Best Hyip, Best Investment, Hyip Monitor, Forex Fund, Daily Profit, Monthly Interest, Monthly Profit, Earn Money Online, Money Maker Group, Dream Team Money and like this much more and you can withdraw the amount throw referral commission, eCurrency Invest, LibertyReserve, Alert Pay and SolidTrustPay as well. Get 200% profit within 150 days and the minimum withdraw is only $5 which is on daily basis.
    For More Details click the link below:

    Web Link:
    http://www.whatacash.com

    Display Name: whatacash

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS