Friday, February 25, 2011

CRUSADERS: Who Is Sheri?



A definite right-sided brainiac (math—B’cawk!), I’ve lived quite the creative life. It only seems fitting to take my fellow Crusaders on an epic journey to unravel Moi.


Surrounded by painters and sketch artists, folk musicians and French singers, my childhood was one for the bloviate record books. Not much of a musician myself, my body lent itself to the rhythm of motion. Well, that’s if you exclude my stint playing the Spoons. Still, the meek at heart may want to cover their cyber-fuliguline-ears.

At the youthful age of 17, I was offered to study dance under a Broadway dancer. Hopes high, I could almost not breathe. All my efforts since I was three were about to pay off. The late nights choreographing, missed high school parties, and yes, declined dates would all be worth it.

Then disaster struck. Mom was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.

I made the gut-wrenching decision, casting a blade of grief through my own heart, and gave up my dream to care for my family. Sure, your fist might be clenched at your chest thinking, “Aw…what a sacrifice.” But in all reality, it was no sacrifice. I spent the next fourteen years married to a wonderful guy, who turned into an amazing man, while together giving life to four new human beings. My efforts were blessed ~ abundantly.

And to top it all off, I started dancing again. Yes, and this time it is purely for fun. I am a Monday Night Hottie—a group of woman ranging in age from 23 to 61. They are the Hotties, really. (I’ve yet to consider myself one.) They are my dancing angels on earth, Xanado rollerblading rabbit’s feet and all. 

Hopefully I’ll get to keep dancing when I earn my wings…someday.

Now for my confession: I’ve snuck in per request of Rachel of Rachel Writes a teeny-weeny, itsy-bitsy fib and also a really special truth. Can you guess what they are? (I’ll reveal the answers on Monday.)

For those of you who didn't see my post for yesterday--yes, I normally don't post on Thursdays--please take a peek at it. It's right below here. My Oasis Sisters and I have designed our own meme! We'd love it if you'd take part.
And yesterday I stupidly forgot to say what I'm thankful for -- that would be all of you. Really. Every old and new Alleywalker. I'm not just saying this. The fact that you follow and support me astounds me. There truly are no words other than: Thank You.





In an unrelated issue, I'd like to send my condolences to Author L.K. Madigan's family, friends, and associates. She's the author of THE MERMAID'S MIRROR and 2010 Morris Award-Winning YA novel FLASH BURNOUT who passed away this month. She will be sadly missed.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS