Wednesday, February 3, 2021

It's World Read Aloud Day!

Here we are at our second Insecure Writer's Support Group post of the year. Don't know what IWSG is? Have no fear. Click on the image below to find out how to participate and to read other posts today.

I do want to give a major shout-out to this month's co-hosts because without you this day wouldn't run as smoothly as it does. Thank you! Louise - Fundy Blue , Jennifer Lane, Mary Aalgaard, Patsy Collins at Womagwriter, and Nancy Gideon!

I've decided to forgo this month's optional question to share something special with you! But please, feel free to share your answer with me in the comments to this month's optional question: 
 
Blogging is often more than just sharing stories. It’s often the start of special friendships and relationships. Have you made any friends through the blogosphere? 
 
Okay, so I fibbed. A little. I have to answer this question. Yes, yes, & YES! I've been blogging for over 10 years now, and it has afforded me some of the most amazing and cherished friendships of my life. And it doesn't matter where our writing journeys have taken us. Some of us are still writing full-time; others have cut to part-time or moved on to other endeavors. None of that matters. We will forever be linked as writing sojourners in the land of the blogosphere and friends forever.
 
So, my share today is - IT'S WORLD READ ALOUD DAY!!! 
 
Many of us, especially those who write for younger children, middle schoolers, and high school students, will spend this day online visiting classrooms and groups of students! We share who we are and read to students. We read from our own work as well as those we admire or those books we'd like to recommend to the kids. It's a wonderful time for all.
 
Say a little prayer for me to get through this day. (Students are exhausting, but super fun!) I'll say a prayer for you, too!
 
 
More Participants
Many Blessings,

 

10 comments:

  1. I don't envy you teachers with the current mess of in school - at home situation. That's a huge load of work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the read-alouds. I'm sure the kids will love listening to you. (And I hope you don't encounter any technical difficulties. Sometimes these virtual things can be a challenge that way.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think read-aloud time in class has always been my favourite. When I taught grade 8, the kids absolutely adored Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. So many great stories out there to share! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a fun day reading to kids. That's great you could do this online with the pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the read alouds! That sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does sound like fun. I'm sure it'll brighten the day for many kids and anything to encourage reading is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheri - yes I can imagine it'll be exhausting - yet so helpful for the kids ... and yes encourage youngsters to read more and continue on ... stay safe and all the best - Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope your read-a-louds went well! I'm sure the kids love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always read aloud on my last pass on editing fiction.

    ReplyDelete

!SPLAT Your Awesomeness! I'd love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

MY STATS